Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Movie Review: Sarkar Raj


Cast: Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Govind Namdev, Victor Banerjee

Director: Ram Gopal Verma (RGV)

Review
When I started this blog, I decided to write lots about upcoming movies and music review. I failed. As most of the movie which came off late doesn't pushed me enough to write something about them.

Finally I watched Sarkar Raj (First Day Third show.....why? As I was hugely impressed by Sarkar (prequel) which RGV made on Godfather). Usually it happen with me in past that when I approach any movie with huge expectation, it failed to deliver what I expected. Rang de basanti and Taare Zameen pain though is exception (Both Aamir starer).

Sarkar Raj started from where it left i.e. Abhishek bachchan acting as family power centre controlling his family business of controlling masses and classes of Bombay. A foreign business house (Aishwarya) wants to start a power project which mediators told won't be possible without Nagare family approval. She finally able to win approval and story progress with Abhishek trying hard to get it done. In between lots of up and down happens and finally Senior Nagre required to return back to action. I won't go further with plot as it will kill interest of yours if you really planning to see the movie. If you really are??

Now Pro's of movie. First. Actor working in it. Amitabh as Subash Nagre and Abhishek as Shankar Nagre. Both excel in their roles still Abhishek this time not able to take whole limelight the way he did in Sarkar from his father. Amitabh is at usual best. Aishwarya too did good job apart from looking classy. Other actors too did their work well. The camera work is also good with sepia and blue tint used effectively in most places. Close portrayed face of Amitabh and Abhishek works well as both actors says a lot with their face gestures and eyes. Background music is especially good (even in places awesome). I personally like Govinda chant and Chaah Bhanwar Trishna.

Con's. Too many to render here in this piece of work. Not to be too critical, the story has no novelty in it. It works absolutely on same level where it works in Sarkar means instead of bringing something new, RGV uses the same formula again in story. Screen play too has lots of loops which failed people to engage with him during 2 hrs experience. Example. When Amitabh are in front of Abhishek photo acknowledging that if that the cost of being fearless, he might not chose the way he did in life. For me, he gave me the one of the best cinematic experience of my life. Top notch performance. Still people in Movie hall started talking to each other. What I want to convey is that people in middle of movie start losing interest in it which is bad sign for any movie. Despite great acting people's mind drifted from story and went else where. I haven't observed the same during Sarkar (prequel).

I still think Satya and Sarkar as RGV best work; and won't put Sarkar Raj in same league.

My Rating: 3/5.

No comments: