Tuesday, August 11, 2009

DevD

My wife asked me to show her the movie DevD as she was delivering when the movie released and she missed out. Though Have I told that I watched it with a frd when I was 5 beer down ;-) Anyway...Coming back...Though I warn her that it will not fell into her sensibilities still she persist. I felt with no choice so brought the DVD opps VCD and played it on my newly brought philips DVD player with HDMI and USB which is DivX Compatible. You know we all love to showoff sometime...good for health ;-)


As said and known, she disliked it but I again enjoyed it thoroughly. Actually I like two things more then movie itself. Reason I offline them from movie as they are bigger then the movie i assume. First. Director Anurag khashap and his unique way of telling the story. He is the same guy who made Black Friday. I love his courage as he really converted a classic into another classic but which resembles with colors and moods of today's world with brilliant camera work. Second which is bigger then first for me. Music. Amit trivedi rocks. What a music. Ahh...nirvana for me. Even I won't shy to say that at first I disliked it cause I guess I don't have stomach to digest such a brilliant recipe which so far developed appetite for low standard but easy on ear Pritam kinda music though no offense to Pritam as he too is doing good in doing what he do best...make easy on ear and mind melody. But Amit took us to some other level where creativity and experimentation achieved new meaning. I won't dwell further into music as I am not reviewing it here but I strongly means STRONGLY recommend everybody to give a dekho (watch) to DevD and if possible (no you have to!!) listen to music. You will cherish the experience for your lifetime. Though I might write someday on Gulal exclusively but its another great shot by Anurag so do check it when mood and time allows.

Cheers
-AY

No comments: